...a hands-on workshop with Hit Songwriter/Publisher/Author Jason Blume
During the 2-day event Jason will examine and analyze the lyric and melodic tools and techniques used in successful songs in a variety of popular styles including current pop, country, singer/songwriter, adult contemporary, R&B, and contemporary folk.
You will have an opportunity to "try on" some of these tools during guided creative writing exercises. Those who wish may share their writing and receive constructive feedback in an encouraging, supportive environment --but sharing your melodies and lyrics is not required. The first (15) who register in each city are guaranteed a song critique. Additional critiques will be selected at random, as time permits.
The workshop will provide multiple opportunities to practice crafting melodies and lyrics that incorporate specific, easy-to-learn techniques that are found in some of today's most successful songs. (No musical training--or ability to play an instrument--is required for these exercises--or to write successful songs!)
You will leave with several new songs started--and the tools to finish them.
Come prepared to be inspired and to leave with the knowledge and skills needed to take your songs to the next level.
Topics will include:
- 3 Simple Steps To Evoke Emotion With Your Lyrics
- 10 Concrete Tools To Write Melodies Listeners Can’t Forget
- Writing Lyrics That Tell Stories
- “I Know I’ve Got A Great Song. Now What Do I Do?”
- Secrets of Successful Demos
- Rewriting Lyrics and Melodies
- Pitching & Placing Your Songs Internationally
- Getting Your Songs on TV and In Films
- The Truth About Songwriting Contests
- Setting Goals—and Achieving Them
- Q & A
- Creative Writing Exercises
- Constructive Song and Lyric Critiques
Brisbane JMC Academy, 75 Grey St., South Brisbane , QLD
Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12
Sydney JMC Academy, NEW CAMPUS, 561 Harris St., Ultimo, NSW
Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19
Melbourne JMC Academy, 171 Bank St., South Melbourne, VIC
Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26
All seminars run 9 am - 5 pm both days.
Cost: $250 Full/$200 Discount*
*Discount price applies to members of APRA, JMC, NSAI, Soundworks, ASA, SSA, Scoop FX, Lostsong, Song Central, Songsalive! Australia